Monday, October 19, 2015

Why Autumn is My Favorite Season



For as long as I can remember, I have loved autumn.

Maybe it had something to do with Halloween and my love of sweets or maybe it started when I had my first bite of pumpkin pie when I was a toddler. Even into my teenage and adult years, I always longed for the cool, crisp air of fall after a sweltering hot and humid Florida summer. To this day, autumn holds a place near and dear to my heart.

The first day of fall was almost a month ago, but it has been just this last week that the temperatures have started to agree with the season - highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's with overcast skies that beg for winter's arrival.

This is the best time of year to bake - cookies, cakes and pies.  The heat of the oven warms my soul and makes me feel the warmth of home as I create these delectable sweets, an "I Love You" of sorts for my husband, friends and family.

From a hot and humid summer to a sometimes very cold winter, the pause that is fall makes me appreciate the perfect weather that my body and soul so much enjoys. If only it could be autumn every day of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment