Sunday, March 8, 2015

Mocha is Such a Weaner!

Never a dull moment on the farm. Every day there is something that needs to be done with the animals.

I "thought" Angus Girl was dried up and no longer lactating. I mean it has been over two weeks since I separated her from her son, Mocha. So, I let her back in with everyone and wouldn't you know ...

This is what happened:



Dang it!

Now, Mocha is in the front pasture and Angus Girl is in the back with the other girl cows.

Starting the weaning process all over again.

The past two nights have been constant mooing from both Mocha and his mom. And of course, the other cows join in the serenade, which leads to no sleep for me. I am going to use earplugs so I can sleep through the night tonight (seriously, I am).








No comments:

Post a Comment